Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The One Where I Started a Blog

So here we are.... the Blog-o-Sphere. The Big Domain. The World Wide Web. You get the point.

Kudos to Sir Aaron Peck for this blog title. I was mostly impressed with the amount of comment likes he received. I also am pretty sure no one knows how to pronounce my married name. 

It's GOW-DUH
Like proud or cloud or loud. 
That last one should be easy to remember if you've spent any amount of time with me.

I met Aaron sometime last year in Blacksburg and we bonded over the woes of mat-rolling at 6:30am and our mutual love of superheroes. One time, Ryan (that's my husband) and I went to the movies to catch a New Years Day showing of Anchorman 2 (don't waste your time, folks) and Mr. Peck was sitting in the back row. We were lucky enough to join him for the showing, so we all ended up wasting our time on the film... but it was certainly more enjoyable with our friend Aaron. 

Let me tell you something: Aaron Peck is a catch, ladies. That's right. A catch. So if you're sitting in your apartment somewhere near (or not near) Southwest VA right now reading these ramblings of mine, do yourself a favor and read his blog. And then get his digits because he's super cool. And kind. And funny. Like really, really funny. 

(You probably weren't expecting me to say all that about you, Aaron, but you can thank me later... when you're married to someone who was reading my blog then started reading yours. And then got your digits)

Let me just lay out some ground rules before we go any further in this relationship:
a.) This isn't necessarily a focused idea/ cause blog, it's more a of a stream of consciousness -type thing. I'm always open to suggestions or topic ideas
2.) Although it does in real life, lose grammar and writing etiquette isn't going to bother me here. Don't let it bother you
d.) More than anything, I hope it makes you laugh. And sometimes I hope it makes you think too
9.) I'm all about interaction so even though this is an online thing, please comment. Take those italics as me begging. I really mean it... write something.


That's where we're starting from. 
Let's do this thing. 

3 comments:

  1. I approve of the Friends-style title. Though I expected nothing less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I named your blog!

    I'm pretty sure that, in about 5 years, I'll be able to look back at this moment and point to it as the moment that I became internet famous. And I didn't even have to fall on my face in a YouTube video! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete